What is it?
The institutional account for students and teachers is a dedicated academic email that enables communication among administration, students, and faculty within the academic environment. This account provides access to Microsoft Office A1 services, which include tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, allowing users to create, collaborate, and share documents efficiently. Thanks to this integrated platform, academic communications can be managed securely, and a suite of essential tools can be utilized to support teaching and learning activities.
The institutional email is an email address provided by the academic institution to its students and faculty. This type of email usually follows a specific format, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, and is used as the official communication channel within the academic environment.
Users can access the institutional email through Outlook Web App (OWA) or by using an email client like Microsoft Outlook or dedicated mobile apps.
Access to the institutional email allows users to send and receive email messages within the academic community, facilitating communication with the administration, faculty, and other students. Additionally, the institutional email can be integrated with other academic services, such as appointment management, document sharing, and participation in online study groups.
Each user, upon accessing their institutional account, will have the following services included:
Microsoft Office 365 Services
- Microsoft Exchange Institutional Email
- Microsoft Office 365 Online A1 Package
- Microsoft Outlook Online
- Microsoft Word Online
- Microsoft Excel Online
- Microsoft PowerPoint Online
- Microsoft Teams
- Electronic Attendance Register
LABA Online Services
- Access to the Educational Portal
- Activation of the Academic ID Card
- Use of the Multifunction Printer
- Access to Discounts at Partnered Restaurants or Venues with LABA
- Access to Discounts Reserved for University Students at Online Stores
- Access to Discounts Reserved for University Students at Physical Stores or Shops
All users have access to a student or educational institution A1 license with free Office 365 web, including popular apps such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote, to assist teachers and students in collaborating, communicating, and creating incredible content.
Among the included services:
- Real-time collaborative creation, automatic saving, and easy sharing in your favorite web apps, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Keep up with emails using Outlook for the web and enjoy 50 GB of mailbox storage.
- Utilize Microsoft Teams, your digital hub that integrates conversations, apps, calls, and content necessary for improved collaboration and engagement within your institution.
- Enhance learning outcomes with integrated accessibility features and learning tools that support reading, writing, calculations, and communication.
- Stay organized with OneNote, your digital notebook.
- Stay connected with class teams and OneNote Class Notebooks.
- Get accurate assessments with Forms.
- Enable digital storytelling with Sway.
- With unlimited personal storage space, you won’t have any space issues.
The institutional email always with you, allowing direct communication with all the LABA Rimini services and all the Academic and Administrative Staff. Use the institutional email to access services reserved for university students only and stay constantly updated with news and communications from the Academy.
Utilize the advanced tools of Microsoft Word for text processing and document creation.
Collaborate in real-time and create professional presentations.
Microsoft One Drive
Save files and photos in OneDrive to access them from any device, anywhere. Share notes and educational materials with teachers, students, or entire groups of people with unlimited storage capacity..
Starting from the Academic Year 2021-2022, all communications between students, faculty, and administration must be exclusively conducted through the institutional emails provided by the Academy.
LABA Secretariats will no longer send communications to users’ personal emails, and responses to such emails will not be guaranteed to ensure the security and privacy of personal and academic data and information.
The institutional account will serve students and faculty for communication and sharing materials. It will be used by LABA staff for general communications about the Academy and individual communications with students.
By using the institutional email, students and faculty will have access to all university discount services for online or physical stores.
It is emphasized not to use the institutional email for personal registrations unrelated to the Academy, as the email has temporary validity and will not guarantee registration with third-party sites or services once the student status expires.
The user who uses the institutional account and all associated services acknowledges the following terms of service
La Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini provides platforms with institutional access such as Management System, Electronic Student Transcript, Exam Registration, and Institutional Email Account, ensuring that all Academy users have an inclusive and accessible management of online services.
Ownership and Purpose
The user commits to:
- conservare la password personale e non consentirne l’uso ad altre persone;
- se l’utente si serve di un PC di cui non è l’unico utilizzatore, dovrà disconnettere il proprio account istituzionale ogni qualvolta non lo stia usando;
- comunicare immediatamente al Tecnico-Informatico l’impossibilità ad accedere al proprio account o il sospetto che altri possano accedervi;
All’utente è fatto divieto di:
- Keep their personal password secure and not allow others to use it.
- Allow access and use of the Online Services (SOL) to others.
- Disclose any confidential information they become aware of, related to the activities of other individuals using the service.
- Record audio/video files outside the authorized mechanisms of the services.
By accessing the Online Services (SOL) through the institutional account, the user consents to the Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini collecting sensitive data and recording automatic system logs.
The System Administrator collects logs for all Institutional Accounts, including email logs for all mailboxes, maintaining ownership and storage of certain data at the Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini.
Limitation of Liability
La Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini
commits to ensuring that the Online Services (SOL) function to the best of their ability, but it is not responsible for any damages caused to students and/or faculty due to malfunctions or disruptions of the services.
Non-compliance with the rules regarding the use of Online Services (SOL) will result in restrictions on the user’s access to the services. In more severe cases, the violation of these rules will be assessed from a disciplinary perspective and, if necessary, reported to the appropriate authorities.
La Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini guarantees the right to education even in situations where students are unable to participate in face-to-face teaching due to health or public safety reasons, by adopting the Microsoft Teams platform for managing remote lessons and exams.
In the interest of the academic community, it is essential to establish rules of conduct for students, faculty, and technical-administrative staff, whose adherence will ensure the smooth execution of distance learning activities.
The use of Microsoft Office 365 A1 for Educational Institutions is strictly permitted for managing lessons, exams, graduation sessions, final assessments for obtaining degrees, student consultations, workgroups, and the recording of audio/video contributions solely to ensure the smooth implementation of institutional activities in remote mode, while ensuring adequate protection of personal data.
Use of the Platform
To enable the use of the platform, the IT Technical Manager assigns each student, each faculty member, and all technical-administrative staff an account with the respective login credentials, associated with institutional email addresses.
When connecting to the technological platform to attend a lesson, take an exam, have a consultation with a faculty member, or participate in a workgroup, the student acknowledges that the sound of their voice or the image of their face may be streamed or recorded. This applies both to direct interactions between students and faculty and to cases where the student’s microphone or camera is accidentally activated. Therefore, both faculty and students take full responsibility for the statements made and actions taken during the connection, and absolve LABA of Rimini from any claims or actions, including those from third parties.
Durata del rapporto
The use of Microsoft Office 365 A1 for Educational Institutions is exclusively allowed for the staff of the Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini, within the limits and conditions set by the granted license. Free access to the platform for students is permitted on an annual basis and is automatically renewed upon enrollment.
All users are subject to monthly review to verify the current status of their enrollment/employment contract. If a user is found to not have a valid or renewed enrollment/employment contract, their account, including email and included services, will be deleted without any prior notice.
The student’s account will be deactivated, with a 2-day notice, after 365 days from the achievement of the Diploma of Studies at the Academy.
The staff account will be deactivated without notice when the user terminates their employment relationship with the Academy.
The user commits to:
- To keep their personal password secure and not allow others to use it;
- To immediately report to the IT Technical Manager any inability to access their account or any suspicion that others may have access to it;
The user is prohibited from:
- Using the account for purposes other than those related to academic activities.
- Allowing others to access and use the Microsoft Office 365 A1 for Educational Institutions service.
- Disclosing any confidential information about the activities of other users of the service.
- Using the platform to harm, harass, or insult others.
- Creating and transmitting offensive, obscene, or indecent images, data, or materials.
- Creating and transmitting offensive material to others.
- Creating and transmitting commercial or advertising material.
- Overloading the network by sending excessively large files (e.g., videos).
- In general, sharing multimedia content or interventions unrelated to distance learning activities.
- Recording audio/video files outside the platform’s permitted mechanisms.
The student user is required to:
- Keep the webcam and microphone active throughout the duration of the video call during credit exams and graduation sessions.
- Share their screen throughout the duration of the video call during credit exams and graduation sessions.
- Identify themselves with ID and LABA Academic Matriculation during credit exams and graduation sessions.
- Not disclose files and materials present in lesson, review, and/or exam groups.
- Seek explicit permission from the teacher before recording a video call.
It is clarified that Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini does not grant any consent for the circulation of images, videos, or audio files, as well as educational content/material protected by copyright law, extracted or derived from the contents uploaded or transmitted on Microsoft Teams.
Users must promptly remove any inappropriate content intentionally or accidentally recorded and stored in the Microsoft Office 365 A1 for Educational Institutions service.
To ensure the service functions in the best possible way, courtesy and politeness, which govern common relationships between individuals, also apply in this context:
- If the user is using a PC that is not solely for their use, they must log out of their institutional account whenever they are not using it.
- Chain letters or communications should never be sent.
- Images, data, or materials unrelated to online education should not be transmitted.
- When using shared documents, interfering, damaging, or destroying others’ work should be avoided
- Do not snoop through files and do not violate others’ privacy.
- The computer and the platform for education should be used in a way that shows consideration and respect for students and faculty.
Limitations of Liability
The Libera Accademia di Belle Arti di Rimini commits to ensuring that the Microsoft Office 365 A1 for Educational Institutions service functions to the best of its ability. However, the Academy is not responsible for any damages caused to students and/or faculty due to malfunctions or disruptions of the service.
Non-compliance with the rules regarding the use of Microsoft Office 365 A1 for Educational Institutions may result in the user being excluded from accessing the platform. In more severe cases, the violation of these rules will be assessed from a disciplinary perspective, and if necessary, reported to the appropriate authorities.